Cut a couple corners with this easy #sheetpansupper and flavor hack. While marinating salmon for about 30 minutes helps impart big flavor, we don’t always have that time luxury on a weeknight. In this Roasted Salmon with Lemon Garlic Vinaigrette, we top the fish with a simple vinaigrette after it roasts. I promise, you won’t know the difference.
Under 30 MIN
- 1/2 lb baby yellow potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 lb salmon, whole fillet or fillets
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 finely minced/pressed garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment (optional, but makes for easier clean-up). Toss potatoes and asparagus in 1 Tbsp olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Arrange in a single layer on the sheet pan.
- Add salmon to pan, nestling in between the vegetables. Drizzle 1/2 Tbsp olive oil over salmon, followed by salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. If you prefer your asparagus less charred/more crisp tender, keep it separate from potatoes and add after 5-10 minutes of cook time.
- While salmon is roasting, combine remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, dijon and a pinch of salt in a small jar.
- Remove pan from oven. While still hot, drizzle vinaigrette over salmon and vegetables.