My kids love stuffed pastas like ravioli and tortelloni and I am usually guaranteed a whine-free dinner hour when one of these is on the menu. For weeknight cooking, I turn to refrigerated stuffed pastas because they’re versatile, quick to cook (just 5 minutes) and perfect for meatless meals. This Tortelloni with Tomato Spinach Cream Sauce is a 20-minute kid-pleaser.
Tortelloni with Tomato Spinach Cream Sauce
- 2 9 oz. packages Heinen’s Tricolor Cheese Tortelloni
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 26 oz. jar Heinen’s Organic Italian Herb Pasta Sauce
- ¼ cup Heinen’s Soft Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup half and half
- 5 oz. container baby spinach
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese, plus more to serve
- Black pepper
- Prepare tortelloni according to package directions (be careful not to overcook). Drain well and toss with olive oil; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring pasta sauce to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and whisk in cream cheese followed by half and half.
- Fold spinach into tomato sauce until it just wilts (it will seem like a lot of spinach but it wilts to a much smaller amount.) Stir in Parmesan cheese followed by a few grinds of black pepper.
- Add the cooked tortelloni to the sauce and gently fold until well-combined. Spoon into bowls and top with additional Parmesan cheese.
This recipe was developed in paid partnership with Heinen’s. Check out the original post here.