What can you do with a couple summer squash, some random potatoes and a tomato or two? Make this Small-Batch Vegetable Tian, a fun and beautiful spin on everyday roasted vegetables! It’s simple to assemble and pairs well with any protein. The vegetable amounts listed below are guidelines and can be customized based on what you have on hand.
- 1-2 zucchini
- 1-2 yellow squash
- 2-3 Roma tomatoes
- 2-3 small potatoes
- ½ medium onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a small 1 ½ – 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Slice zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, potatoes and onion into 1/4-inch thick slices. Transfer to a baking sheet, keeping each vegetable somewhat separate. Drizzle all vegetables with the olive oil and sprinkle with the Italian herbs and garlic powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
3. Arrange vegetables vertically in the baking dish, alternating each to create a pattern (add the onion every so often). Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, discard foil and top with Parmesan.
4. Return to oven for 15-20 minutes more, or until potatoes are tender.
This recipe was developed in paid partnership with Perfectly Imperfect Produce. Check out the original post here.