You’ve seen this combo around these parts before. Hey, if it ain’t broke. Roasted is my favorite way to eat both of these vegetables. A bit of real maple syrup enhances the natural sweetness of the carrots and mellows out the slight bitterness of Brussels sprouts. This no-fuss side dish pairs well with roasted pork and chicken.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch coins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper (optional but makes for much easier clean-up).
- In a small dish, mix together the first five ingredients (olive oil through black pepper).
- On the sheet pan, toss the Brussels sprouts and carrots together with the dressing.
- Roast for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until carrots are fork tender.