There is something so satisfying about a bunch of food in bowls (unless you have an aversion to foods touching, then this one is a problem). This Green Quinoa Bowl is totally customizable to whatever raw or cooked vegetables you have on hand. The tangy basil vinaigrette is the star that ties it altogether.
Green Quinoa Bowls with Basil Vinaigrette
- Cooked quinoa (or brown rice)
- Chopped kale or chard, raw or lightly sautéed
- Assorted steamed or roasted green vegetables, like broccoli and green beans
- Canned garbanzo or white beans, drained and rinsed
- Frozen peas, thawed
- Hard-boiled eggs, halved
- Sliced avocado
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil (or more for less tang)
Arrange all food in a bowl, however you like. Top with vinaigrette!
To make vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Add more olive oil for less tang.
Meal Prep Tips
This comes together in 5 minutes with pre-prepped ingredients. Having simple, cooked ingredients on hand makes for quick and easy meals during the week. The vinaigrette will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge.