There is something so satisfying about a bunch of food in bowls (unless you have an aversion to foods touching, then this one is a problem). This Green Quinoa Bowl is totally customizable to whatever raw or cooked vegetables you have on hand. The tangy basil vinaigrette is the star that ties it altogether.
- Cooked quinoa (or brown rice)
- Chopped kale or chard, raw or lightly sautéed
- Assorted steamed or roasted green vegetables, like broccoli and green beans
- Canned garbanzo or white beans, drained and rinsed
- Frozen peas, thawed
- Hard-boiled eggs, halved
- Sliced avocado
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil (or more for less tang)
Arrange all food in a bowl, however you like. Top with vinaigrette!
To make vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Add more olive oil for less tang.