I love fresh herbs because they’re an easy and cheap way to make almost anything taste better. What I don’t love is food waste. To save fresh herbs from perishing in the crisper, I’ll whir them into a simple vinaigrette to have on hand for a few days. These are perfect for greens, pasta salads, grain bowls and roasted vegetables. This version calls for parsley, but fresh cilantro and basil are easy swaps.
- 1 cup packed parsley leaves and stems
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice or wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and whir until smooth.
2. Transfer for a lidded glass jar and refrigerate up to 5 days.
Makes 3/4 cup.