In the world of quick and easy weeknight food, there is nothing more magical than a slow cooker recipe that is, for lack of better verbs, dump, stir, set, and go. This Slow Cooker Butternut Squash and Chickpea Curry nails it, resulting in the perfect butternut squash curry that is as low maintenance as one could ask for during the week.
8 hours (5 Min hands on)
- 1 13.5 oz can light coconut milk
- 2 T curry powder
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground ginger (or 2T grated fresh)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 small butternut squash (about 2.5-3 lb), peeled and diced
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Cooked brown rice
In the crock of a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except for cilantro. Cover and set to LOW. Cook 8 hours. Using a fork, mash about a cup of the squash to thick the sauce. Season to taste with additional salt (I added about 1/2-1 tsp more kosher salt) and chopped fresh cilantro. Serve over rice.