This, friends, is the ultimate one pan meal. Every box is checked — high-fiber carbs, protein, greens. But the best part? Minimal prep. Aside from slicing chicken sausage (and chopping kale if you don’t buy bagged, pre-chopped), this is a true dump and go situation.
One Pan Quinoa with Chicken Sausage and Kale
- 12 oz pre-cooked Italian chicken sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 14.5 oz. can white beans, drained/rinsed
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 3-4 packed cups chopped kale
- Grated Parmesan cheese
Slice chicken sausage into 1/2-inch thick slices. Heat olive oil in a skillet (with lid) over medium-high heat. Add chicken sausage and sear on both sides for 1-2 minutes, or until edges begin to brown. Add chicken stock to de-glaze pan, then stir in tomatoes, beans, quinoa, seasonings and kale. Continue to stir until kale begins to soften and wilt, about 2 minutes. When the liquid begins to simmer at the edges, cover pan, reduce heat to medium-low, and continue to cook for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and allow to stand, covered, for 5 minutes before serving. Remove lid and stir to fluff up quinoa. Serve topped with grated parmesan cheese. Serves 4.