- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 chopped carrots
- 2 chopped celery ribs
- 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 28-oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 quarts low sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 6 loosely packed cups chopped kale
- 14.5 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2-inch parmesan rind
- Kosher salt and pepper
In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute onion, carrots, celery, green beans, and zucchini for about 5 minutes, or until they begin to soften and sweat.
Add garlic and tomato paste and cook 1 minute.
Stir in diced tomatoes with juice and stock. Bring to a simmer, then add next 6 ingredients (potato through parmesan rind).Continue to simmer for about 20-30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with grated parm and a hunk of bread.