Keeping things unfussy is what motivates me to sign up for the dinner shift more often than not. Like a dump and go chili that doesn’t require cutting up raw chicken or any sort of browning (P.S. Anyone else despise cutting up raw chicken?). Using less stock (only 2 cups) and mashing a can of beans helps keep this Slow Cooker Chicken Chili thick and hearty.
- 2.5 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 7-oz can fire roasted diced green chilis
- 1 14.5-oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5-oz can pinto beans, drained and mashed (I used a potato masher)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
In the crock of a slow cooker, combine all ingredients (except cilantro and lime juice). Cover and set to LOW. Cook for 8 hours.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred using two forks. Return chicken to pan, stirring all to combine. Add cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with additional kosher salt.
Image updated January 2020.