Keeping things unfussy is what motivates me to sign up for the dinner shift more often than not. Like a dump and go chili that doesn’t require cutting up raw chicken or any sort of browning (P.S. Anyone else despise cutting up raw chicken?). Using less stock (only 2 cups) and mashing a can of beans helps keep this Slow Cooker Chicken Chili thick and hearty.
- 2.5 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 7-oz can fire roasted diced green chilis
- 1 14.5-oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5-oz can pinto beans, drained and mashed (I used a potato masher)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice from 1 lime
In the crock of a slow cooker, combine all ingredients (except cilantro and lime juice). Cover and set to LOW. Cook for 8 hours.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred using two forks. Return chicken to pan, stirring all to combine. Add cilantro and lime juice. Season to taste with additional kosher salt.