For when it’s totally inconvenient to brown meat and saute vegetables, enter the easiest Slow Cooker Chili con Carne. This is a true set and forget recipe. The end result? It’s hearty, bold, slightly tangy, and makes plenty to stretch into “can’t wait for dinner” leftovers.
- 2.5-3 lb boneless beef chuck or rump roast
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 16 oz jar favorite tomato salsa
- 2 14.5-oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp brown mustard
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 14.5-oz can black beans, drained
- Chopped cilantro
In a large slow cooker, combine all ingredients through beef stock. Cover and cook on LOW 8-9 hours.
Remove roast and shred with two forks (then chop into bite-sized pieces if you prefer) and return to slow cooker. Stir in black beans and a large handful of chopped cilantro. Season to taste with additional salt.