When people ask me how to simplify dinner, I have a handful of go-to suggestions, one of which is to follow this formula: complex carb + vegetable(s) + protein + optional flavor booster (sauce, dip or dressing). Dinner doesn’t need to be complicated, require an abundance of ingredients or take a lot of time to be delicious and nutritious. This Thai Peanut Chicken Salad is the perfect example, and it’s made with a handful of shortcuts.
- 8 oz. Heinen’s Whole Wheat Spaghetti (half of the 16 oz. box; save the rest for another time)
- 1 package Fresh Express 3-Color Deli Coleslaw
- 1 ½ cups matchstick or shredded carrots
- Heinen’s Pulled Chicken (or rotisserie chicken, leftover chicken)
- Two Brothers Thai Peanut Sauce
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup Heinen’s Extra Large Virginia Peanuts, coarsely chopped
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil; salt to taste. Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold running water; drain again and transfer to a very large bowl.
2. To the pasta add the coleslaw, carrots and chicken. Using tongs, toss everything until well-mixed. Add enough peanut sauce to coat/taste and mix in cilantro. Serve topped with chopped peanuts.
This recipe was developed in paid partnership with Heinen’s Grocery Store. Check out the original post here.