These ultra-easy weeknight enchiladas use just six ingredients (six!), including leftover chicken, and require zero (zero!) chopping. If you thought enchiladas were too fussy for weeknights (full disclosure, I did!) you haven’t tried this one. This recipe makes a small batch but can easily be doubled and baked in a 13×9 inch pan.
- 10 oz can red enchilada sauce, mild*
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 14.5 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups leftover cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese, divided
- 5 whole wheat flour tortillas
- Optional: Sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, sliced black olives, salsa, plain Greek yogurt
*Recommend: Hatch or La Victoria brands
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce and the Greek yogurt. Mix in the black beans, chicken, and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Spread 3 Tbsp of the enchilada sauce over the bottom of an 8×8 square pan or baking dish.
- To assemble the enchiladas, spoon a heaping half-cup of the chicken mixture down the center lengthwise of a tortilla. Fold over each side to make a burrito, then place it seam-side down in the pan. Repeat with the remaining 4 tortillas.
- Drizzle the remaining enchilada sauce over the wrapped tortillas. Top with reserved 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until filling is heated through and cheese is melted.
- Serve as-is, or top with avocado, cilantro, sliced black olives, salsa, and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream).