Spice things up this week with Beef Pho, a traditional Vietnamese soup, without spending hours in the kitchen. With a handful of simple ingredients and store-bought short-cuts, you can bring all the flavors of this classic Asian comfort food to the table in about 20 minutes.
Weeknight Beef Pho
- 1 (6-ounce) package thin rice noodles (such as Asian Gourmet)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound stir-fry sliced beef
- 1 (26-ounce) carton Pho Beef Broth (such as Simply Asia)
- 1 (5-ounce) clamshell baby bok choy
- Optional: Sliced sweet peppers or jalapeños, fresh basil or cilantro, and fresh lime juice
Soak rice noodles in lukewarm water for 15 minutes; drain and set aside.
In a large sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add beef and brown for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in bok choy and continue to simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it wilts. Stir in rice noodles.
Serve pho in wide shallow bowls and top with sliced peppers or jalapeños, fresh herbs and a squeeze of lime juice.
This recipe is adapted from a Heinen’s What’s for Dinner recipe. Check out the original recipe post here!