I never leave TJ’s without a few bags of Cruciferous Crunch in tow. It’s a balanced mix of, you guessed it, cruciferous greens like shaved Brussels sprouts, chopped kale and cabbage, and pairs perfectly with crunchy chickpeas, all the seeds and lemony tahini dressing. Once you start with this one, you can’t stop.
Trader Joe’s Recipe: Cruciferous Crunch Power Salad
- 1 10-oz bag Trader Joe’s Cruciferous Crunch salad
- 1 cup Skillet-Toasted Spiced Chickpeas (or canned chickpeas, drained or store-bought roasted chickpeas)
- 1 cup cooked tri-color quinoa
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 3 tablespoons roasted, salted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2-4 tablespoons warm water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- large pinch of salt, or to taste
Give the Cruciferous Crunch salad a good extra chop first, then toss it together with the quinoa, chickpeas, hemp hearts, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds.
In a small dish, whisk together the dressing ingredients until smooth.
Toss the salad with the dressing and top with sliced avocado.
3 comments on “Trader Joe’s Recipe: Cruciferous Crunch Power Salad”
I love this recipe so much, and from a fellow-Clevelander…makes it even more special! So grateful to be able to stay healthy during the pandemic 🙂 Thanks for so many yummy recipes
Elizabeth! That makes me so happy to hear! Thank you so much for taking the time to circle back and let me know.
Hi, I bought the ing’s to make this. Couldn’t find hemp hearts. Is there an alternative? Also, bought can of chickpeas. Should I roast them first? Thx!