Cooking this simple combo of bright and light ingredients in foil helps to ensure everything is tender and delicious. Cooking in foil also means this cooks quickly – in 20 minutes – and clean up is a breeze. Winner, winner, shrimp dinner. Serve this Greek Shrimp in Foil simply atop whole wheat couscous (a 5-minute side dish!), quinoa, or with pita bread.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 14.5 oz can cannellini beans, drained
- 12 oz jar marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon, and juice of half
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 425.
In a large bowl, toss together the first 8 ingredients (shrimp through garlic).
In a small dish, combine olive oil through black pepper. Pour dressing over shrimp and vegetables and toss well to combine.
Tear off a 2-foot piece of foil. With a baking sheet underneath, pour the shrimp mixture onto one half of the foil, leaving a 2 inch border. Fold the clean half of foil over top and cinch all around the border to create a “packet”.
Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until shrimp are just cooked through and pink. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and crumbled feta cheese.